If I could offer some of the most important advice that will make all the difference in your fitness journey, it would be:
1. Don’t expect massive change overnight. Set yourself up with a program that will bring you a lifetime of success rather than endless yo-yo’s, rebounds, and extremes.
2. Be patient.
3. Be compassionate toward your body & appreciate it for everything it does for you.
4. Show yourself love and grace everyday.
5. Positively affirm that you are WORTH living as your healthiest, happiest, most confident self.
6. Take it one day at a time.
7. Celebrate your small successes along the way. They add up to the big ones. Take time daily to create an awareness around something you’ve accomplished or how far you’ve come, rather than focusing on how much further you have to go.
8. Ditch the idea of perfection or that progress is linear. There WILL be bumps in the roads. There will be days, weeks where you think you’re making no progress at all. THIS is when it’s most important to stay consistent. This is when the magic happens.
9. Get you some serious support and accountability. Seriously, it makes all the difference.
10. Remember that, at the end of the day, you are in control. You are in control not only of your actions and behavior, but you are in control of choosing the thoughts that live in your head. The conscious brain can only hold one thought at a time, chose a positive one.
Your mindset and your thoughts control your actions and behaviors, and your actions and behaviors control your outcome and results. So really, it ALL does start with the mind!
Having the right nutrition and workout programming in place is a very huge piece, but having the nutrition and workout program in place will be meaningless if you’re not doing this inner mindset work along way.
I am positive that my clients would agree!